Types of Drugs Covered
Medicare Part D plans generally include all drug costs covered by Medicaid and exclude all drugs for which payment is made available under Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B.
- Click on the link below to look up the costs of the prescription drugs you are currently taking.
- Type in the name of the drug in the search bar on the look up page and click 'Search'.
- Next, select your state of residence and indicate whether you qualify for government assistance.
- Click "Continue".
- Select the strength of your drugs and your dosage.
- You will need to select a pharmacy as your costs may differ if you use a preferred pharmacy or a non-preferred pharmacy. This allows the system to show how much your drugs would cost with Part D coverage.
By law, a Part D drug is:
- Available only by prescription
- Approved by the FDA
- Sold and used in the United States
- Used for a medically accepted condition
- All Medicare Part D plans are required to include at least two (2)
medications from each therapeutic category.
- Different Part D plans cover different drugs, depending upon its
Medicare Part D Drugs Covered
Medicare Part D Drugs Not Covered
||Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Prescription drugs included on our applicable Formulary for your Plan are covered by United American Prescription Drug Plans (PDP) as long as they are filled at one of our more than 63,000 network pharmacies nationwide, or through our mail order pharmacy service. In certain situations, prescriptions filled at an out-of-network pharmacy may also be covered. Check the Evidence of Coverage for those situations.
To find out if your pharmacy is in our network, and for your Medicare Part D questions and needs, please let us know how we can assist you.